The Bird’s Nest. It’s the biggest party in Scottsdale. Once a year, this temporary tent goes up at the golf tournament. It’s a huge party with great bands, great drinks, and 1000’s of people.
I am there with one of my girlfriends. Not long after arriving, we meet these men in the bar line. This one is handsome and the more we talk, I learn he is a Chandler native. I’m a Phoenix native and have lots of Chandler roots. He is now the president of a land development company and doing quite well. So while waiting in this ridiculously long line, we are comparing notes about how the town used to be and who we mutually know. By the time we get to order our drinks, we’re old friends. He’s introduced his buddies to my girlfriend. Everyone’s having fun.
He pays for our drinks. He leads me to the dance floor. OK, it’s all a big dance floor, but he leads me to the front so I can see the band and we can dance. Then he leans over and kisses me. Ok, so this could be fun. He leads me from the dance floor and we talk more. He asks me out on a dinner date. Has it all planned out. We’re going to meet at his health club and play tennis, then we’ll clean up and go out for a nice dinner. When am I available? I pull out my phone and look at my calendar. No, no, no, no, no, no, no…. OK, here’s my first available date. He is floored. “I have to wait 3 weeks to take you out to dinner?” Technically it’s only 19 days, but yes. I have a very busy schedule. I am amused by this because my best friend once told me, “don’t ACT busy, BE busy.” Well I certainly have got that one down. According to her, it’s supposed to make me more interesting and attractive. I’m not sure HE thinks so.
Anyway, we dance some more, drink some more, and then he decides we should all leave and go get some food. We take a cab to a local restaurant and eat. Then the cab takes us all to his place for more drinks.
This is where it gets strange. As soon as we get there, his buddies all bail and go to bed. So it’s him and me and my girlfriend. She’s ready to leave and waiting in the living room. He and I are in the kitchen and he’s kissing me. It’s about 2 am and get this…..
HE FALLS ASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF KISSING ME!
His head bobs and he head butts me!!! It wakes him up and he doesn’t even realize what he’s done. OMG! I cannot believe this just happened. Realizing the night has taken a bad turn, I ask him to call the cab to take me home. We return to the living room and he tries to call the cab. He keeps falling asleep in the middle of dialing. I have to keep waking him up to get him to finish the call. He finishes the call and keeps trying to kiss me. At this point, I am so turned off by him, there is no kissing. The cab took forever to arrive. He gave me cab money and kissed me goodbye without headbutting me. My girlfriend and I happily retreat and go home.
The next night, he txts me and asks if I want to come out and play. No mention or apology for the previous night. We never did go on that dinner date. I don’t care how much money you have. You have no class.
No comments:
Post a Comment