Not sure how to figure this one out.
I met him at a singles event. The minute I met him, I was interested. He was tall. He was handsome. Then he talked to me and told me he was a cop. Oh, I LOVE cops! I’ve been dating a cop. He enthralls me and my friends with his cop stories. I think I must have been visibly panting over this guy.
When the event is over, he leaves and sends me a txt message asking me to meet him at a nearby bar. So I go.
As I’m on my way, he txts asking what I want to drink and suggests my FAVORITE beer. It’s an uncommon one, so I am wowed and he says he’ll have it waiting for me when I get there.
I get lost in the parking garage and ask him for directions on how to get to the bar. He says, “Do I need to pull some cop shit and come rescue you?” Yes, as a matter of fact, I’d love a hot man to come rescue me. He does. Turns out I was in a part of the garage that is mostly used by the offices and not the bar and restaurant patrons. He’s a regular and even he had trouble finding me.
We sit down and there’s my beer. We start talking. He tells me the story of why he’s here.
He was at a Halloween party this year. He sees a woman who takes his breath away. He wants to talk to her, but can’t. She gets away. He regrets it.
I jokingly ask, “Was it me?” He says, “Yes, but let me finish.” OMG!!!! I was kidding. Really, it was me?
He says his friends encouraged him to join this singles group. So when he went for his interview, the club owner is showing him pictures of things they have done…and there is my picture. He asks, who is this woman? She says that’s one of our club members. Realizing this is his dream woman that he let get away, he joins the club on the spot.
When he met me, I mentioned that I had been dating a cop. He says he thought I was taken and he say s he almost left that minute.
So the night continues with lots of talking and connecting. He is so nervous and excited. As soon as I realize there is a connection, I lean over and kiss him…just to let him know his interest is welcome. We talk more. He smells soooo good. Smell is a huge thing for me. I believe it’s how we primally connect. We are snuggling in this bar. I say I hope I can live up to his dream of who I am. He says it’s all good. But he is a little concerned. Apparently, he is not totally free, and there is some woman here that knows him and it’s not a comfortable situation for him. So I agree to leave.
He walks me back to my car. We kiss more. A lot of HOT kissing. I really feel a connection to this guy and think the way we met is really special. It ends with him stopping and saying, “Girl, we need to stop, or I’m gonna end up pushing you in this car and getting crazy ,” or something like that. He says he’ll call me and we’ll get together soon.
Soon hasn’t happened. After several days, I txt’d him saying I hoped I hadn’t scared him off with my drunken forwardness. He laughed it off and said no way and he’s just been busy. A week later, I asked if I needed to delete his number from my phone. He laughed and said no, he’d been traveling and would be back soon.
Every time he txt’d me, I responded immediately, then get no response for a day or so. He was the WORST at txt communication. A few weeks after our meeting, I sent him a message that said “delete”.
I never heard from him again. So promising, yet it died so quickly without him telling me it was over. He wanted to meet me so bad, then he let It go so easily. I don’t get it.
Sounds like he's still married...that's my best guess. And he's waiting for some chunk of time when she's out of town or something to contact you. I'd be cautious....
ReplyDeleteHadn't thought of that. Our singles club does background checks, so he's definitely not married. But he could be involved in a serious relationship of some sort.
ReplyDeleteNothing to be cautious about. It's been months. I don't expect to ever see this one again.